Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thanksgiving & School

   Okay, so Monday is apparently  Thanksgiving...well at least in Canada, and my roommates and I have made BIG plans already. I was going to save the details until the event is actually over, but I just cannot help but reveal our little tiny secret...I guess the Pretty Little Liars theme song; "...Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead" is right lol. Just joking I can keep secrets. 

We are going to make a list of the kinds of food we want to eat for our Pre-Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, and already I see a lot of fattening food. Stay tuned as of Sunday I will definitely update ya'll on our delicious meals.  





ANYHO, MOVING ON...


Did I ever tell ya’ll that I love October?? Well ITS TRUE I do!!! The reason for that is, not only do I have a busy school schedule, but also because I love the color of the fall leaves, the wind blowing my extension (thankfully I DO NOT WEAR WIGS... NO WORRIES) also just the feeling of ITS OCTOBER BIATCH. OH YEAH, Halloween is in October as well and LORD knows what I am going to be this time around.


Now even though I am excited about the above events, I am being bombarded with School work. I have assignments due, presentations (which is not a problem since I love talking), major papers (due sooner than I thought), book reports, and midterms (an exam in the middle of an academic term... for those wondering).




Speaking of school, Even though my Department sometimes tend to get on my LAST NERVES with few things to offer, I know they are trying their best…considering the fact that we are NOT the biggest Department on Campus, thus we are contributing less money as opposed to the Engineering and Business Department. Nevertheless, I love my Department of Justice.

Logo


 Furthermore, I just recently started what they call a PLACEMENT at Pro Bono Law SK. This is another form of internship, only difference is that I have to pay to do a placement rather than me being paid. HOWEVER, I am getting a six credit hour, so NO COMPLAINTS HERE. In addition to that, I am loving my work so far. I have my own office, I love my colleagues, and I enjoy talking to clients and booking appointments for them to see lawyers. I also enjoy Saturdays, when our Clinic is opened and we have lawyers coming in. Trust me…The questions I bombard those lawyers can sometimes be overwhelming ( looking at their facial expressions), but HEY I am new to Canada so what is the harm in getting to know their Legal system? 





University of Regina is giving me so much opportunities such as the URGuarantee, Ambassador, Global Leadership Programs and just other events they have on campus. My placement at Pro Bono Law SK is one of those opportunity, and so far working there has been encouraging me to be strong and keep my dream of becoming a lawyer or a justice practitioner ALIVE. Sitting in my office, in my chair, reading legal documents and just talking to clients make me have a taste of what I can have in the future if I work extra hard. I am still finding out my justice identity, but I know I am not too far from it.

<3





No comments: