Sunday, October 6, 2013

Summer 2013

Heey,

The last time I left ya’ll with a promise to update how my summer 2013 went. Here is the me fulfilling that promise.


                    After the celebration of the Norwegian Independence day 17th of May,


and succeeding in making a surprise birthday party without killing ourselves of ruining the surprise, my next journey started in Olso with Natasha at the Beyoncé Mrs. Carter show in Oslo, Telenor Arena.

Because my kid sister had misinformed me of the weather in Oslo, I literally had to accept every rain-drop there was that day on my body before I could meet a childhood friend of mine Eric who accompanied me before the concert. When arriving at Telenor Arena, the crowd we saw both white, black, mixed etc was AMAZING. Beyoncé definitely has a wide range of fans. 


After waiting for at least an hour before getting in the arena, my friend and I could not believe we were finally seeing Beyoncé, considering the fact that we had dreamed about that day for a VERY long time. I could not explain the feeling I had after the concert, and I can still not explain it…The Mrs. Carter show was just mind-blowing. She definitely lived up to every expectation I had of her. 


                                                                The unknown Wedding.

 
The reason why I said the unknown wedding is...I did not know the bride nor the groom...Never heard of them. However, because I am crazy about weddings, and also because my mom and dad were invited but could not go, they chose me and sisters to attend on their behalf.

The ceremony started in Johannes Church.

The bride and groom cutting their cake

The Representatives


The wedding was fun, nothing extravagant lol. There was definitely some annoying things I could write an entire list of, but I will reserve my comments to myself...Good food though and I wish the bride and groom a happy wedded life. 

Liberian Independence day July 26.
Even though my beloved country was never colonized, it was however, found and controlled by the private American Colonization Society (ACS). Listing the injustices committed against African Americans as a result of slavery in the U.S, the declaration notes the foundation of the colony by the ACS, as well as their gradual withdrawal from governance in favor of increasing self-governance by the immigrated colonists.

The celebration lasted a week but because I could not attend every day, as I could not tolerate the loudness, unorganized and unexpected incidents bound to happen. Nevertheless, I attended the fashion show and the after party. 






Again, the event started on BPT (black people time). It was full of improvised talent shows and long waiting. There was saying that the winner did not deserve the title, because it was planned, and that the majority voted and ruled for another contestant allegedly. 

Me and my love before the beauty pageant. 




Stayed tuned...more to come...feel free to leave comments and opinions <3







No comments: