Sunday, October 20, 2013

Justice and Charity


Hey Guys!!



So I was in the middle of writing my book report; “Aboriginal Justice and the Charter: Realizing a culturally sensitive interpretation of legal right”, by a law professor name David Milward, then I had an epiphany (diiing). A philosophical question came across my mind (which I cannot write here because it will be my thesis statement, and I have no intentions on citing my blog for my book report paper…can just imagine my professor viewing my blog…that look).

I realized that the Canadian legal system is VERY broad (you are probably thinking…duh have you seen the country size!) Well you are most likely right. Canada is a very big country, bigger than the United States, China, India (keep in mind this is by area not by population). Thus creating a legal system that will gratify EVERY single individual is a difficult task, considering the fact that as human being, it is in our nature to complain and nag about almost everything that does not suit our personal needs.


In 1982, Canada patronized it’s British North America Act 1867, to the Constitution Act. In addition to the Constitution, the Charter of Rights and Freedoms was also implemented. Particular sections (such as section 35(1), 8, 2, 15 etc) of that constitution is providing Aboriginal peoples rights, and land reserved for Aboriginal peoples. You would think with those sections providing rights for Aboriginal peoples, Freedom of religion, expression, equality rights, and rights concerning search and seizures, injustice will not exists in Canada. Well let me tell you, INJUSTICE EXISTS EVERYWHERE.

 Unlike some part of Africa where the colonizers have ‘left’ countries they settled in, European colonizers are still living in Canada. Aboriginal peoples still have to face their previous ‘enemies’, and the worst part is that they are still fighting for their rights and what supposedly is ‘rightfully’ theirs. Why can’t the Canadian government just let Aboriginal people practice the only form of justice known to them? 
Answer... Easier said than done… Canada is now a multicultural country. A country with so many ethnicity, and culture, thus, putting a specific group needs superior than other groups (such as Ukrainians, Africans, and Asians) will seem slightly unfair.

My view

well why can’t we all just try to balance




Coming to Canada has taught me so much about. First of all that it is incredibly expensive being an International student. Secondly, that Aboriginal peoples deserve peace, tranquility and justice. I have attended a few Pow Wow dance ceremonies, and like many others, I respect Aboriginal culture, livelihood, and their concept of knowledge. Hopefully one day ya’ll might see me with a banner protesting for a cause I believe Aboriginal peoples deserve. 








As for my fellow Africans….ya’ll better start thinking of ways to make our beloved continent better, because at the end of the day, we are all gonna go back home either to stay there forever or just for vacation. I am tired of hearing…ooh Africans are so poor, Africans are unhygienic, and all the blah blah others have being saying. We should be happy that our colonizers are no longer ‘controlling’ us. 
All the African diaspora out there ya’ll better stop putting video hoes and singing about how to be a gangster when ya'll can invest in our dear Mother-land, because again by the end of the day Africa is our home and our responsibility. So join me in finding ways to make our Mother-land a better and developed place. Now how you go about doing that…is up to you. The problem has been identified…Find the solution.


Today's Update

So not only have I realized that Winter is coming (lol Game of Thrones line :P), but I also realized that I might not be able to sit under the sun and just enjoy nature's worth for like another 5-7 months. So I told the sun Good-bye today hehe not that it responded or anything :P










Few hours ago I attended Haris Khan’s Stand up Against Cancer fundraising show at the University of Regina. It was really educative and fun. 





Did you know that within a family there is only 20 percent chance of finding a matching stem cell for a cancer patient? Did you know that on the other hand, there is a 75 percent chance of finding a person within a community with matching stem cells for cancer patients? If not…now you do. Most people are being affected by cancer either individually or someone in the family. Recently, my aunt from my mother side was diagnosed. Thus the topic touched me deeply. Battling cancer can be very difficult. Therefore, I think it was a phenomenal idea for Haris Khan to have such a wonderful event for a wonderful cause. I loved the Belly dancers, the other comedians, the gangnam style dance, meeting Miss World Canada 2013 (Miss Camille Munro), Miss Teen Canada, and just Haris being Haris. 






Now I am going to leave ya'll with the Miley Cyrus-Syndrome....








No comments: